Buyer Beware!!: GE Profile French Door/Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Review (model PFS22SISBSS)
by The Thoroughbreds
I wish I would have read a refrigerator review that told me, "Buyer Beware of GE Profile Refrigerators" before buying mine. So instead I am telling whomever is reading this review.
Here's my story so you can form your own opinion:
Immediately after purchasing our $1800 GE Profile refrigerator in 2006 we discovered what a lemon we had purchased. It looked nice on the showroom floor but we had no idea what kind of problems we were in for:
- The ice maker overflows and dumps ice to the back of the freezer and under the bin.
- When you open the freezer door, the ice is pushed out all over your kitchen floor. There’s nothing you can do to fix it.
- The freezer compartment is misleading for space. It doesn’t take much before you can’t close the door.
- The crisper drawer tracks can't barely handle any weight.
- The water dispenser (ours is an inside version) is a two-handed evolution which makes it a bit more cumbersome.
- When the clogged filter light comes on every three months, you’ll love the $35 price tag to change it.
- The little plastic latch on the left hand door snapped. GE wants you to buy the entire door for $400 rather than replace the latch. You can’t get one.
- The electronic display started to whack out. Once that goes your frig doesn’t know what to do.
- For us the compressor kept running, which by the way, you’ll see has a tiny life cycle. That’ll set you back another $600.
- The main circuit board had a recall for defects. The recall ended 6 months before our serial number, but it has the same board. That’ll set you back another $440 and that’s only if you install it yourself like I did.
I can go on and on but do I need too? Go on the net and read the refrigerator reviews
. This is one piece of crap.
My new $500 Maytag
(same cubic feet) with no electronic parts to fail arrives Thursday – yeah!Click here for more GE French Door Refrigerator Reviews
Click here for more on GE Profile Refrigerators
Click here for more on Maytag Refrigerators