GE Side by Side Refrigerator Review (model #GSS25SGMD)
Here's my dissatisfied GE side by side refrigerator review
We have been unhappy with this GE refrigerator
almost from the day we bought it. It seemed like an excellent deal in terms of pricing, but we have paid the price because we need a high-performing refrigerator. We quickly learned that this model is far from "high-performing."
Here are a few of the things that don't work
- The interior light bulbs stick out, which means you have to be careful, or they will break.
- The biggest problem is how often the meat and vegetable drawers fall apart because the plastic is so cheap.
- We have had to replace all of the plastic parts in the refrigerator. When we replaced them, we followed the directions to a T, but even though we did, having the doors open to do this job caused the generator to break. That was a costly repair!
- The ice maker is poorly designed. A curved wire has to go into the back of the freezer just so that the ice maker works! If you install it incorrectly, the freezer door stays open a crack, leading to more problems.
- The icemaker is slow.
There are a few good things about this refrigerator
that I would like to mention:
- This refrigerator is very quiet. It is as quiet now -- 7 years later -- as when we purchased it.
- It is an attractive refrigerator too.
- The GE website is terrific. Using that website or the general web, when the refrigerator breaks, you can easily search online to find out what is wrong so that when a repairperson comes, you know what he needs to do and can ensure you are not ripped off.
Tip: We've used the GE website to schedule a repairperson. This is an outstanding feature because the repairpeople have been reliable.
Despite these positives, I would not purchase another GE refrigerator because of the plastic parts issues
. Click here for more GE Refrigerator Reviews
Wondering if your GE Refrigerator is part of a recall?
Click here to find out!