Small Freezers for Small Spaces
You might be wondering, “What is a Compact Freezer?”
These are roomy, small freezers that allow you additional frozen storage space. Meat freezers, medical freezers, separate uprights are all in this category. Here are some of the more common versions:
- Upright Freezer
An Upright freezer looks like a skinny refrigerator. They can range from 1.5 to 4.5 cubic feet in storage. Some of the more popular brands of Upright Freezers are: Edge Star, Avanti, Danby, Haier, Kenmore, Summit and Supentown.
- Chest Freezer
A Chest Freezer looks just like those you’ve seen in many gas stations and household garages. But to be a true “chest freezer” they usually range from 3.6 to 14.8 cubic feet in storage capacity. There are a number of larger Chest Freezer models (up to 24 cubic feet) but anything larger than 15 cubic feet wouldn’t fall into the compact category. Some brands to consider in this category are: Avanti, Danby, Frigidaire and Summit.
- Medical Freezers
Medical Freezers are typically used for laboratory purposes where keeping certain items at a specific temperature is essential. These freezers are often much more expensive than your typical freezer units because they have to keep their contents well below freezing. (To essentially stop or slow down any breakdown processes or microbial activity). If this is a category you need to consider, the Summit brand is popular with many consumers in this field.
- 12 volt Portable Freezers
12 volt portable freezers come in ranges of 43 to 86 quart capacities. They are perfect for chilling or freezing while on-the-go as they can be powered through a lighter in your car (as well as a regular household plug.) Two manufacturers to consider are Edge Star and Koolatron.
Compact Freezer Brands
There are a suprising number of freezer manufacturers that make compact freezers. Take a look at the list of brands we recommend below.
- Avanti Freezer – If you are looking for either a chest freezer or a vertical compact freezer then you might find a good choice here. They offer 9 models between the two different styles.
- Danby Freezer – Another great choice if you’re in the market for a chest freezer or an upright model as they make 7 different models in total.
- Edge Star Freezer – We were surprised to find they manufactured 2 different upright compact freezers as well as 3 portable freezers.
- Frigidaire Freezer – This is THE brand to consider when looking for an upright freezer as they have over two dozen different models uprights and over half a dozen chest freezers.
- Haier Freezer – Haier has a wide variety of models to choose from including chest freezers, upright freezers and dual zone freezers that allow you to have two different temperature zones completely separate from one another for different needs (deep freeze and regular). Considering they offer 14 different models you will probably be able to find one that suits your needs.
- Kenmore Freezer - This Sears owned and operated brand has some of the better quality freezers on the market. They make 8 chest freezers and 7 compact refrigerator freezers and some of which come in stainless steel.
- Summit Freezers – Summit has a huge selection of compact freezers -- they offer built-in under-counter freezers (3 models), drawer freezers (3 models), frost free chest freezers (6 models) and upright freezers (4 models). There are a wide variety of finishes from white to stainless and some models you can customize to suit your décor needs.
- Supentown Freezer – They have 6 models of Upright Freezers to choose from.
Avanti Refrigerator: If you know that you need extra freezer space then Avanti is one brand you should definitely consider.
Apartment Refrigerator: Do you need both more refrigerator and freezer storage space, then an apartment size refrigerator should be very helpful for those who have minimal space for this.
Compact Refrigerator: Not sure if you also need extra refrigerator storage space, then this article should help you find out.
Compact Refrigerator Freezer: If by chance you think you might want also need a refrigerator with your compact freezer then check out this article to help you decide.A mini freezer tends to take care of many frozen storage problems.
Small Freezers: Want a bit more info on small freezer brands and which one is right for you? Take a look at this article.
| 3 | 4| 5 | 6