LG ThinQ Smart Refrigerator Review
A 30.0 cu. ft. 4-Door Stainless Steel Refrigerator InstaView™ Door-in-Door®and Amazon Built-InFeatures!
Model No: LNXS30996D
Overall: The LG ThinQ Smart Refrigerator is one of the top selling models from LG.
It has a number of very cool features such as their InstaView Door in Door tech which allows you to simply knock twice and see inside the fridge before having to open it. This simple addition not only makes things easier but it adds to the energy savings you'll experience by not opening the entire door (just the outside/smaller one) or not at all.
The Door-in-Door feature allows you easy access to some of your more commonly used items. Of course it adds to convenience but it also allows the refrigerator to stay neater for longer with fewer hands moving things around.
But all in all, the tech of the LG ThinQ Smart Refrigerator is off the charts.
It uses the existing Alexa platform which allows you to tie in your Amazon Alexa features with the high end features of this truly 'Smart' refrigerator.
Capacity: 30.0 cu. ft.-- by the way, this is friggin' huge.
- ThinQ Technology -- LG's exclusive ThinQ line of appliances allows you to use voice activated technology and the ThinQ app.
With an AI (Artificial Intelligence) component, it learns your habits and makes relevant recommendations.
(How crazy is it that you can ask your refrigerator a question and it answers?!?!
Truly feels like we're living in the time of The Jetsons! Though we love the idea of technology being added to areas of our lives that didn't have it before to make our lives easier.)
It also optimizes energy consumption saving you money!
- Lots of Storage: At an incredible 30.0 Cubic Feet, the LG ThinQ Smart Refrigerator has tons of storage and well organized at that. It makes it the perfect refrigerator for a large family.
- InstaView™ Door -- Tap twice and see what's inside. By tapping on the screen the internal light will come and you can peer inside your refrigerator.
- PrintProof™ Finish -- Hate fingerprints all over your refrigerator? No worries as LG as the PrintProof™ Finish which hides those nasty looking and truly hard to remove finger prints.
(We have spent years trying to find the easiest ways to clean a stainless steel fridge and have finally found the best way. Sadly it still takes using 2 different products and takes more time than anyone really wants to just clean a fridge.)
*If you like fingerprints, you're weird. But, hey we're not here to judge. To each their own, right?
- Easy and Fast Ice Maker: The Ice Maker is super fast and efficient. Seems like an unnecessary luxury, until you need ice. This one is quick and such a cool (only a little pun intended) addition to have.
- The screen in our test model was pixalated at first. But we had an LG tech come and fix it within minutes. May have been a setting that was tweaked upon delivery.
-Remember the more technology an appliance has, the more things that can go wrong but in the end it really is worth having access to more.
- Love that it works with Alexa, but when we tied in our Alexa
to this unit, it felt like too much was going on.
We personally think it might be better to have the appliances on a separate tech rather than tying it in with a Home Helper like Alexa. Also, Amazon knows enough about us without feeding it free data from our refrigerator!
Colors: Stainless Steel
Efficiency: Is Energy Star rated
MSRP: The last price that the stainless steel refrigerator sold for was $6599 but since it has been discontinued we've found it for much less.
Click here to see the Best 4 LG French Door Refrigerators
Similar Models to LG ThinQ Smart Refrigerator
Seeing as how this model is no longer being made we have a few other current options listed below of LG French door refrigerators that are worth taking a look at: