GE Profile Side by Side Fridge (model #PSCS5RGXSS)
After reading all that has happened to us with our GE Profile side-by-side refrigerator, we hope you think twice before you purchase anything from GE. Please find below what we've experienced these past 2+ months, and we still haven't resolved it yet.
Our fridge started acting up on Dec 13, 2010 (not even two years after the purchase date). Because it is still under warranty, we called for service.
- First scheduled on Dec 17 - couldn't find the address; GE rep gave technician wrong address.
- Dec 22 - changed motherboard, compressor not running, try to fix..still not working
- Between 12/22 to 12/29 - changed motherboard again, still not working
- Dec 29 - installed inverter, no cool; still not working
- Jan 4 - installed new diverter; waited for 24 hrs.. it finally starts cooling, and it was not working the next 24 hrs. I called and filed a complaint. Requested to wait for another 24 hrs. Finally, on Jan 7, the fridge works as it should.
- Jan 31 - the fridge was not cooling
- Feb 1 - called for service and requested to send us a new fridge; customer service insisted on fixing the fridge again (RIDICULOUS!!!)
- Feb 3 - the earliest the tech could fix it. Tech. He didn't have a part, ordered and rescheduled to fix it as soon as it was delivered.
- Feb 4 - part was delivered in late afternoon
- Feb 7 - called to schedule for service - the earliest date would be Wed 2/9.
- Feb 9 - received service, fridge back up and running.. for the next ten days
- Feb 19 - the fridge was not cooling
(I believe it started last night, all food was warm this morning, and we had to throw them all away, again.
They have had many opportunities to fix the problem with my refrigerator, and it seems it is unfixable
Although they are paying for the repair bills for the refrigerator, this still costs me my time (I've been put on hold while dealing with a GE representative / left message and waited for them to call me back, etc.), lost wages (every time we scheduled for service, we lose at least half day if not full day of work), food spoilage and the added cost of buying prepared foods to eat, not to mention the possibility of food-borne illnesses from improper refrigeration.This refrigerator needs to be replaced. It is a lemon
. A customer service agent cannot authorize this transaction. However, I am sure that someone within the firm can.
Unfortunately, whenever I asked who they were reporting to or if I could call someone else, the agent would never provide me with the info...
Somehow, I like their job.. they can screw up, be rude, and do whatever they want, and we can't even report their behavior to anyone (when asked to speak to their supervisor, they said they're not authorized to do so... hmmm, really?).
We have reported these issues to Better Business Bureau and will seek further legal remedies / bring this matter to small claims court in our area.
Do yourself a favor. DO NOT buy anything from GE if you don't want to get into an unfortunate situation like us.
Wondering if your GE Refrigerator is part of a recall?
Click here to find out!