Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FRT21G5JW0
by A. Dailey
This Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator is the worst refrigerator we have ever owned.
We bought it new in July 2008. A year later:
- Both the door and freezer seals were torn
- Two of the door racks snapped in half
By July 2010 we were having trouble with the refrigerator staying cold
We called a repairman out, and he said it was a leak in the compressor
. While the refrigerator was down, we decided to do a thorough cleaning (it needed it after being too warm for a week) and while my daughter was simply holding the shelf, it shattered into a million pieces
- The support for the meat drawer broke
- The support for the crisper drawers broke--the drawers themselves are made of a super-brittle plastic, and one of them has a hole in the front where it got bumped.
Frigidaire did eventually agree to fix our refrigerator:
- they sent us new door seals
- they replaced the shelf
- they agreed to replace the compressor, although we were stuck with the actual labor on the fix. We paid $170--and it was determined that the compressor was fine, but that there was a freon leak.
That was July 2010. By February 2011, the refrigerator was again not cooling well
. Turns out we have a freon leak somewhere
...our honest repairman told us that it would be "cost prohibitive" to fix it. He only charged us $68 to come out, look, and fill it with freon. He bought us some time. We are now looking at new refrigerators again.
We paid roughly $750 for this piece of junk. I will never buy another Frigidaire. Click here for more Frigidaire Refrigerators
Click here for more Refrigerator Reviews