Whether or not to buy an apartment size refrigerator can be a bit confusing because there are several different types of small refrigerators the fall into this category.
Here's the most important questions you'll need to ask yourself to make this decision:
1. Does it fit in the small amount of space you have?
2. Will I be able to store more than a few cans of soda and a sandwich in it.
3. How much freezer storage space do I need?
You'll be happy to know that apartment refrigerators do vary in size as well as in storage capabilities. Using these to factors as your guide we feel that you should be able to find the perfect small size refrigerator to fit all of your needs.
Different Types of Apartment Size Refrigerators
If this is the first stop on your journey to getting a new apartment refrigerator you probably think small refrigerators, mini refrigerators and compact refrigerators would be the three categories. You'd be one third correct, though they are actually called:
As you can see, the biggest difference between these 3 is storage space. More often than not a compact cube or a is perfect for a very small studio apartment (with only one person) or a dorm room.
If you actually have the space for a midsize refrigerator (also known as an apartment size refrigerator) then bigger is probably better and the right choice for you. Even though a midsize refrigerator is smaller than a regular size fridge, you should have enough food storage to cook for yourself more than a few times a week. Click here to learn more about apartment refrigerators.
TIP: If you have the space for it, you may want to consider looking at compact freezers as well so that you'll have plenty of freezer storage space.
1. How much space do you have in your kitchen?
3. How much fridge storage capacity do you need? The best way to determine this is to first consider how many people will be living there and how often you cook at home? The basic rule is you should have 4-6 cubic feet of storage space per adult in your home.
4. Do you cook with a great deal of fresh foods? Then you might want to consider buying a French door refrigerator as they typically offer more fresh food storage space.
5. Do you cook and freeze a food a lot? If this is more of what you do than question the question above, then a side by side model will help you a great deal with that but be aware that you won’t be able to put any large trays or items in the fridge as well. Which ever fridge you purchase just make sure there is a great deal of freezer space.
Avanti Refrigerator: Avanti makes some very special smaller refrigerators that go from a budget price point to something even the most beautiful home would be enhanced by.
Compact Refrigerators: Not sure if you can actually use a midsize refrigerator, then take a look at the compact versions. Some even come with a separate freezer.
Haier Apartment Refrigerators: If you have smaller spaces to work with then you really should take a look at this brand of refrigerators as this is the market that they specialize in (along with the one below).
Sanyo Refrigerator: Between the three different types of refrigerators made by Sanyo you should be able to find one that fits your needs.