The Maytag MSD2656G Side by Side Refrigerator Review
Maytag MSD2656G Side by Side Refrigerator
- Overview: The Maytag MSD2656G Side by Side Refrigerator is a good choice for the money.
Many of the features on this Maytag model were especially cool such as the Elevator Shelvingwhich allows various sized items to fit conveniently on the shelves. The Dual Cooling System worked well, but we noticed quite abit of heat escaping from the back. Although not worrisome,it seemed like it needed more venting space than similar models in thisprice range.
- Style: The styling is reasonably conservative. The handles arecontoured slightly which gives the fridge a bit of a modern look, whilestill maintaining a classical simplicity.
- Capacity: The Maytag MSD2656G that we tested had a 25.0 cu. ft.capacity. We found this to be more than ample for most fourperson families. With the elevator shelving, it had little ifany "wasted space."
- NotableFeatures: The elevator shelving was more thanjust a convenience. We consider it a necessity in side byside refrigerators. Maytag invented this type of shelving andso they've mastered it. We weren't crazy about the lighting,but it was ample. The ice maker and water dispenser workedquite efficiently and the water filter provided excellent quality waterwell after its sixth month expiration date.
- Colors: This modelcomes in white on white and blackon black and satina.
- Efficiency:It’s ENERGY STAR qualified, but because of the excessive heatcoming from the back it didn't feel it was running as efficiently as itcould.
Though should you buy this or any other Energy Star refrigerator it should entitle you to an Energy Star Rebate being offered by every state in the union from the government.
Click here to see a list of Energy Star Refrigerator Reviews
- Dimensions: It's dimensions are:
Depth – 34 in.
Width – 35 5/8in.
Height 69 7/8 in.
- MSRP: $1,1,99-1,499.00Depending on the color.
Similar Maytag Side by Side Refrigerators
We wanted to make sure you had plenty of options in case the model above didn't work out (especially because it's just about discontinued). Here's three more choices that are similar but still available: