Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator GSF26C4EXY Review
26 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator with an External Ice/Water Dispenser – Monochromatic Stainless Steel Finish
Overall: The Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator GSF26C4EXY is great for a larger family as it holds a great deal of food and drinks comfortably.
Of all Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Reviews we've done, we were greatly surprised by the many different versions of stainless steel this particular model comes in. Most likely, one of these three variations will suit your taste:
- Monochromatic Satina: This is also called faux stainless steel. It definitely doesn't look like real stainless -- but still attractive and is much easier to keep clean.
- Tip: Make sure you see this finish in person before buying to make sure you like it. It looks very different in pictures and in video than it does when seeing it up close.
- Stainless Steel: The model we reviewed here was a stainless fridge with a black ice/water dispenser and kick plate.
- Monochromatic Stainless Steel: Almost everything on the Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator GSF26C4EXY is steel colored except for a small amount of black at the top of the ice & water dispenser dispenser.
Capacity: 26 cu. ft.
- MicroEtch™ Shelves: Alright what’s so great about shelves?!?! These shelves were created to deal with spills in the fridge as well as hold more items and more weight – up to 75 lbs per shelf.
- In-Door-Ice® Plus Ice: The ice system in the Whirlpool Gold refrigerator GSF26C4EXY is not only smaller than a regular ice maker and second, it is both faster and easier to use.
We loved how easy it was to pull the ice container out. Great for those who entertain often and need a great deal of ice with a whole lot less hassle. There’s also lock on the dispenser so no little fingers can test to see what would happen if they pushed the ice or water button.
- Temperature Management Technology: Have you ever wondered how hard your fridge works after adding new food to it? In the Whirlpool Gold refrigerator GSF26C4EXY, just push the fast cool button and this fridge gets extra cold to accommodate these changes. It then stays at that level for a whole day unless you stop it.
- Huge Organization Possibilities: We loved the size of the crisper because it’s super big. (They say it can hold 85 apples but let’s be honest does anyone know what that really means besides a whole heck of a lot of apples.)
We also love the fact that the veggie and cold cuts drawers are convertible. All you have to do is let less cool air for produce and more for meats.
Best of all the Gallon Door Bins are such a huge help to allow you to keep all of your beverages on the door and other more important items on the top shelf.
Colors: The Whirlpool Gold refrigerator GSF26C4EXY is Monochromatic Stainless Steel model (almost everything on the model is steel colored except for a small strip of black just above the ice/water dispenser).
There are many other colors that it comes in:
- Monochromatic Satina
- Stainless Steel
Efficiency: This model is Energy Star rated and has many innovative technologies across the fridge to make it so energy efficient.
MSRP: $1599.00 for the monochromatic stainless steel version. The other models range between $1399 to $1599 for their MSRP.
Remember that the MSRP is what the manufacturer suggests as a price, it isn’t the real price. For that take a look at what it’s currently selling for below: