We've Had Nothing But Problems With Our Whirlpool French Door Bottom Freezer (model #GI7FVCXWY02)!!
(Wellington, Fl, USA)
We've had nothing but problems with our Whirlpool French door bottom freezer refrigerator (model #GI7FVCXWY02)!!
We've only had it for 10 weeks and we already have a list of complaints:
- It was 2-3 inches taller than the side-side model that we replaced. This required us to raise the wall cabinet above the fridge. It has a box containing control mechanisms on top of the fridge.
- The in-door ice bin, is a neat idea but was poorly implemented. It doesn't keep the ice cold enough and the ice freezes together in a solid block making taking ice directly from the bin impossible
- The whole cube dispenser often just makes noise and no ice (probably because it's all frozen together -- see above).
- Crushed ice works OK but it is very noisy.
- When we open the ice bin, the sprocket of the arm that 'stirs' the ice often doesn't self-align with the mating motor sprocket requiring difficult steps to get the ice bin reinstalled.
- Frozen food gets buried in the bottom freezer and requires digging through everything to find what you are looking for while bending over.
We definitely can't recommend this model
it has really been a huge let down.
We also want to caution those that have side-side models and are considering replacing with bottom freezer models.Click here for more on Whirlpool Refrigerators
Click here for more on Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
Click here for more on Side by Side Refrigerators