LG French Door Freezer on Bottom Refrigerator (model lfc23760st)
(Boiling Springs PA)
We purchased our LG French door freezer on bottom refrigerator not even 2 years ago, 8/2009.
We were told by Home Depot that we were getting a discontinued model. The price was excellent so we purchased it. NOT even 10 months old the refrig portion died! The freezer worked fine and it turned out that they replaced main computer & the fan.
We had a horrible experience with LG service in 2010. We gave error codes over the phone, repairman came wrote down same codes and said would be back in 4 days when parts came in.
A mere 11 months later we had the same issue. Used a different LG service repair. The repair man informed me that this model had 2 issues that would shut down the refrigerator portion. Lucky me we had both issues.
- The main computer was bad in some of these refrigerators
- There was no defrost evaporator cover- so the back of the freezer- behind the wall would build up ice causing the fan to stop
Hopefully this will be the last issue we have to deal with.
As for our HORRIBLE experience with LG service
- they have no customer service.
- We were on hold for 45 mins.
- They never call you back or call you back at home when you specifically request to be called at work & provide #
- Everyone gives you a different story and misinformation.
We will be going to better business regarding this with names.We spoke to 8 different people--ask to speak to Exec Services they at least give you some better info.Click here for more on LG Refrigerators
Click here for more Refrigerator Reviews