GE Side by Side Refrigerator Review (model #GSS25SGMD)
Here's my dissatisfied GE side by side refrigerator review:
We have been unhappy with this GE refrigerator almost from the day we bought it. It seemed like a very good deal in terms of pricing, but we have paid the price because we really need a high-performing refrigerator. We quickly learned that this model is far from "high-performing".
Here's a few of the things that really don't work:
- The interior light bulbs stick out which means you have to be careful or they will break.
- The biggest problem is how often the meat and vegetable drawers literally fall apart because the plastic is so cheap.
- We have had to replace all of the plastic parts in the refrigerator. When we replaced them, we followed the directions to a T but even though we did, having the doors open to do this job caused the generator to break. That was a very expensive repair!
- The ice maker is poorly designed. There is a curved wire that has to go into the back of the freezer just-so so that the ice maker works! If you install it incorrectly the freezer door stays open a crack and that leads to more problems.
- The icemaker is slow.
There are a few good things about this refrigerator
that I would like to mention:
- This refrigerator is very quiet. It is as quiet now -- 7 years later -- as when we purchased it.
- It is an attractive refrigerator too.
- The GE website is terrific. Using that website or the general web, when the refrigerator does break, you can easily search online to find out what is wrong, so that when a repairperson comes you know what he needs to do and you can make sure you are not ripped off.
Tip: We've used the GE website to schedule a repairperson. This is a very good feature because the repairpeople have been reliable.
Despite these positives, I would not purchase another GE refrigerator because of the plastic parts issues
. Click here for more GE Refrigerator ReviewsClick here for more GE Side by Side Refrigerator Reviews